A U.S.-based multinational energy company needed a comprehensive solution to align 150+ decentralized company-run van pools, offered as an employee transportation benefit. With no direct business owner assigned to the overall operation, the customer turned to Element as a trusted resource for vehicle sourcing, management assistance, consolidated billing and delivery of a consistent employee experience.
Element conducted interviews with the certified van pool drivers and management to fully understand the usage and requirements of the vehicles needed to transport employees. The customer needed 150+ passenger vans equipped with specific amenities. The customer wanted Element directly involved as a business partner, to work with them to source and manage the units. In order to deliver the solution the customer wanted, Element brought in Enterprise, a national rental and leasing company, to provide the required vans as long-term rentals.
- Customer retains single point of contact for all fleets within their business, including this van pool, with consolidated billing through Element
- Vans are billed as long-term rental units, allowing the flexibility to scale up or down as needed, with no idle vehicles
- An established two-year replacement schedule ensures the quality of the vans and consistency of the employee benefit, which is critical to the company’s goals
- Vehicles are fully maintained by Enterprise; pulled out of service with replacement van rotated into pool
Enterprise also brought an added benefit to the company’s employees called a “Guaranteed Ride Home.” Any employee utilizing the van pool can be immediately provided with a rental vehicle in case of an emergency, where the employee needed a vehicle right away and could not ride home in the van pool.
Total Fleet Size
- Title, Licensing & Regulation