A customer was looking for third party expertise to improve their in-house garage operations. Element's truck consulting team visited several of the customer's in-house garage shops and made several observations and recommendations.
Element's truck consultants presented the customer with several recommendations to reduce costs and gain efficiencies:
- Only keep repetitive parts on hand
- Routinely check tire pressure
- Consolidate vendors
- Enforce use of current software system
- Ensure consistent and required training for all mechanics
- Negotiate vendors at the corporate level and mandate use in the field
- Implement preventive maintenance checklists
- Incorporate monthly safety meetings tied to OSHA
The recommended actions are projected to save the customer $477,000 in tires, parts, preventive maintenance, training, tools and safety changes. Projection is based on incorporating recommendations across the customer's 34 locations and 700 vehicles.
- Oil & Gas
Total Fleet Size
- Title, Licensing & Regulation