Fleet safety tip: Benefits of a clean work vehicle
Drivers spend much of their time within their vehicles because it is primarily their office space. Having a clean office space is imperative to a healthy work-life and being a productive employee. A clean vehicle offers a plethora of benefits, and it creates a better working condition for not only the driver but the vehicle as well.
Benefits of a clean vehicle
- Better driver mental health – Being in a clean environment can make a driver feel more organized and have an overall happier experience in the vehicle
- A longer vehicle life – Cleaning the exterior and engine of the vehicle can reduce build-up and corrosion
- Safer driving – Obstructions and distractions are everywhere in a messy vehicle and can create dangerous driving conditions
- Better driver physical health – A lot of dust and bacteria build-up within a dirty vehicle can cause drivers to be more susceptible to illness
- Improved fuel economy – An excess of build-up on the exterior of a car, truck or van can create more drag, causing the engine to work harder
With so many benefits to having a clean fleet vehicle it is hard to argue against keeping it clean. Using these tips, we can help improve the overall health of both fleet drivers and vehicles.
Never miss an update
Subscribe for more news and thought leadership from Element.