Is your fleet ready for the 3G sunset?
February 08, 2022
With so many companies relying on technology to run efficiently, service disruptions can put a wrench in your fleet operations. While there are steps you can take to prepare for the 3G migration, the shutdown of 3G technology will affect a variety of in-cab vehicle features used by your drivers today, not just phones and aftermarket devices.
Many devices, services and vehicle-related technology could be impacted* including:
- Some factory telematics devices
- Automatic vehicle crash notification (SOS) services
- Enhanced roadside assistance services
- Maintenance reminders
- GPS and related features such as stolen vehicle locator and real-time traffic alerts
- Wi-Fi hotspot services and the ability to connect a smartphone to the vehicle
Find out which vehicle makes and model years will be impacted by the 3G technology sunset and the actions you and your drivers can take to upgrade the technology.
Never miss an update
Subscribe for more news and thought leadership from Element.