Drivers spend much of their time within their vehicles because it is primarily their office space. Having a clean office space is imperative to a healthy work-life and being a productive employee. A clean vehicle offers a plethora of benefits, and it creates a better working condition for not only the driver but the vehicle as well.
Benefits of a clean vehicle
- Better driver mental health – Being in a clean environment can make a driver feel more organized and have an overall happier experience in the vehicle
- A longer vehicle life – Cleaning the exterior and engine of the vehicle can reduce build-up and corrosion
- Safer driving – Obstructions and distractions are everywhere in a messy vehicle and can create dangerous driving conditions
- Better driver physical health – A lot of dust and bacteria build-up within a dirty vehicle can cause drivers to be more susceptible to illness
- Improved fuel economy – An excess of build-up on the exterior of a car, truck or van can create more drag, causing the engine to work harder
With so many benefits to having a clean fleet vehicle it is hard to argue against keeping it clean. Using these tips, we can help improve the overall health of both fleet drivers and vehicles.