It’s important to know what to do if you are involved in a collision. Here’s the information you need to obtain at the scene of a property damage collision:
- If possible, move your vehicle out of traffic to a safe parking area
- Turn on emergency flashers and use any safety equipment available
- Call 911 to report the collision
- Be sure to exchange driver’s license, insurance and vehicle information with the other driver
- Take pictures of the other vehicle’s license plate as a precaution.
All of these actions protect yourself – and if you’re driving a fleet vehicle, protect your company – when a collision occurs. Stay safe!