Webinar: Master your EV journey
June 02, 2022
About this webinar
The “Master your EV journey webinar” brought together industry leaders from Verizon, Black & Veatch, and Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) to discuss their journeys towards fleet electrification.
This was an insightful discussion, led by Jason Kazmar from Element Fleet Management to break down the complexities of deploying your EV fleet. Topics included:
- What you need to know from the ever-evolving EV ecosystem
- How to approach the electrification of multi-class fleets
- Strategies for obtaining and managing charging infrastructure for complex fleets.
- Challenges and opportunities surrounding future EV adoption
5 ways to master your EV journey
Here are some key takeaways from this event:
1. Know your organization's sustainability drivers
Fleets are an integral part of sustainability. Did you know that transportation accounts for a third of total greenhouse gas emissions? To help you assess different products available in the market, know what is important to your organization when it comes to sustainability. Outline what activities are most impactful and what EV products are viable for your fleet needs.
2. Ground yourself on your current fleet composition and future vehicle needs
To build your EV fleet strategy, make sure to ground yourself on your current fleet situation. Get a sense of what types of fleet vehicles you have today and how they are being used. Layer on, the latest fleet trends and your evolving business needs to establish a vision for your EV fleet.
3. Engage your internal stakeholders early on
While each organization is different, there are often 3-5 important groups of individuals for you to engage with as part of your fleet EV journey. Here are some examples:
- Drivers – ensure your fleet drivers know what to expect and are trained appropriately to operate an electric vehicle
- Operations leaders - prepare for operational changes required to electrify
- Finance - align your fleet electrification plans with your organization's short- and long-term financial objectives including cashflow and OPEX considerations
- Human Resources - account for driver home charging and reimbursement
4. Select the right OEM, charging and fleet management partners for your needs
If you don’t have the expertise in house, bring in trusted partners to ensure a smooth EV transition for your fleet. Attending industry conferences and growing your network is a great way to see who is out there. From there you can evaluate how their capabilities fit with your business needs.
5. Start the process as early as possible
Be prepared to engage with a complex system. Get started early with an EV pilot to obtain critical learnings for your fleet transition. Arc by Element™ offers end-to-end services to help you navigate your journey. From EV pilot design to charging solution planning, financing and more.
Ready to learn more about fleet electrification and mastering your EV transition?
Never miss an update
Subscribe for more news and thought leadership from Element.