If your drivers use your company vehicles for personal use, then our Personal Usage & Expense Tracking program makes it easy to stay compliant with all the relevant tax regulations, without a significant administrative burden. We can manage the entire personal mileage and vehicle expense log tracking process for you. Support tools and online driver log reporting streamline tax-related administrative processes, making it easy for your drivers to log personal and business vehicle usage and help your organization comply with tax regulations.
Track personal use and streamline the tax reporting process
Drivers have 24/7 access to business and personal mileage reporting via web, mobile and telephone. GPS-enabled trip-logging captures the miles or kilometers driven to simplify driver log management. Automated taxable benefit calculations ensure drivers follow the latest tax codes and guidelines, and email reminders make sure drivers stay up-to-date on business and personal mileage reporting. Driver tools make day-to-day odometer and car mileage tracking more convenient and simplify monthly reporting processes.
We’ll provide a comprehensive data capture, calculation and reporting package that allows you to easily and effectively comply with governmental regulations to facilitate the payroll processing of these benefits.
Vehicle allowance taxable benefits program
Reduce administrative tasks tied to taxable benefit reporting while improving accuracy and compliance:
- You can easily track personal and business use of your company vehicles
- Drivers can report business and personal miles/kilometers with easy-to-use web, mobile and telephone reporting applications
- Ensure compliance with the latest IRS and CRA regulations
- Automated driver email reminders reduce internal follow-up efforts
- Automated taxable benefit calculation makes sure drivers follow latest tax codes and guidelines
- Reduce the administrative burden of capturing, storing and calculating taxable benefits
- Detailed fleet mileage reports are sent to your payroll department
- Access to comprehensive fleet fuel management metrics and exception reporting
- Consolidated year-end report for easy payroll processing
The Element advantage
Fleet technology tools, such as a responsive website driver app, making it easy for your drivers to report personal use
Collect, scrub and maintain driver-reported odometer
Apply driver credits reported by your company
Produce a payroll-ready year-end taxable benefit report in the format you need on the date you require
Looking to log your mileage?
Log into Xcelerate for Drivers to find fuel locations and report your business and personal use mileage.
Personal use is defined as any use of an employer-provided vehicle that is not for the benefit of the employer’s trade of business including:
- Personal errands
- Use by family members or others
- Other use not related to your business
You need to make sure you have safe drivers on the road. We’re here to make that happen. Our Risk & Safety program covers you by integrating consultative expertise and experience with training programs and additional safety services to keep your drivers safe while cutting your expenses and risk.
Accidents happen. And when they do, you want to minimize costs, reduce risk and get your vehicles up and running again quickly. Our full-service accident program covers everything from the first reporting of an accident to getting your vehicle back on the road, and includes managing and negotiating repairs and getting maximum payout from third parties.